Your roof is one of the most important features of your home, as it is responsible for protecting you and your family from the outdoor elements. It has durable construction and materials to ensure it can hold up well to the weather without wearing down quickly. However, it does require care, such as routine roof cleaning, to maintain its integrity.
Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- Increased Home Value - Cleaning your roof means removing leaves, debris, and dirt, which can increase the look and appeal of your exterior setting. If you're planning on selling your house, this will attract more buyers and show them that the house has been maintained well. This will boost the overall value of your property as well.
- Protection from the Elements - One of the main reasons to clean your roof throughout the year is to continue protecting your home's interior from harsh weather conditions. There are many elements that can threaten your roof's structural integrity and cause it to break down quicker. It's important to clean your roofing materials to prevent moisture damage that can occur if moss is left on your shingles too long. Dirt and grime can also cause shingles to separate from the roof deck, leading to vulnerable areas exposed on the building. Over time, this can cause leaks and lead to damage within your home.
- Money Savings- Although it may require time and energy to keep your roof clean, these costs will be significantly less than the roof repairs that can ensue from an unmaintained roof. Removing grime on your roof can protect your roofing and prevent it from wearing down. You can also increase the lifespan of the materials to avoid spending thousands of dollars on a roof replacement sooner than necessary.
- Reduced Insurance Installment Payments - It will also help you to save more money on insurance installments. The insurance company you use will determine your rate based on how well you maintain the property. If your roof is neglected and looks dingy, it can cause you to pay more for your policy rather than paying to keep the roof clean.
- Water Damage Prevention- Water damage is one of the main threats to your home and can lead to thousands of dollars in repairs. Roofs that are not cleaned regularly can lead to missing tiles and shingles that loosen and fall off the building. When it rains or snows, water can then seep into the house due to cracks or holes formed because of a lack of protection. Unfortunately, water damage can affect your flooring materials and the furniture in your home. If it sits for too long, it can even lead to mold growth and mildew.
- Reduced Mold Exposure - Cleaning your roof can protect your family from exposure to mold and make your structure safer for you and your loved ones. It will also prevent the value of the home from being affected if significant damage occurs. If your house has experienced water damage or mold, it can make it harder to sell in the future.
- Pest Prevention - Moss, dirt, and algae that are present on your roof can attract different types of pests, which can lead to infestations. Bugs and critters can cause damage to your roof and cause it to deteriorate quicker. Cleaning fungus and algae off the shingles can protect your home and keep unwelcome guests away.
Understanding the advantages of keeping your roof clean is essential to caring for the property as a homeowner to maintain its quality and value. You can end up saving more money over time with regular roof cleaning, as your roof will be in tip-top shape, experience less wear and tear, and last longer than it would otherwise.
For your roof cleaning, call Pro Roofing NW at (425) 598-0998 or fill out our online form. We are here to ensure your roof stays as good as new for years to come.