Roof Maintenance in Seattle
Keeping Your Western Washington Roof in Peak Condition for Years to Come
A classic asphalt roof can last 25 to 30 years if installed and maintained properly. The goal of regular roof maintenance is just that: keeping your roof in peak condition to avoid more expensive fixes, including roof leaks, repairs, and roof replacement.
Here in the Pacific Northwest, the majority of roof damage comes from plant matter: roof moss, algae, and mold damaging the shingles over time, and debris from overhanging trees leading to drainage issues. All of these problems are mitigated by semi-annual roof maintenance.
Call Pro Roofing NW today at (425) 598-0998 to book your roof maintenance! We serve King County, Snohomish County, & Pierce County.
What's Included in Roof Maintenance?
- Gutter cleaning prevents clogs from developing, allowing rainwater to drain away from your home’s foundation.
- Leaf & debris removal allows the shingles to dry properly after rainfall. Trapped moisture leads to wood rot and roof leaks.
- Pressure washing and soft washing (determined by shingle type) remove roof moss, algae, and mold, protecting your roof from the development of gaps and thin spots.
- Shingle inspection and replacement ensures your attic ceiling stays dry and water drains properly.
- Minor structural repairs to the roof, chimney, and roof fixtures such as solar panels circumvent the need for more expensive repairs down the road.
In addition to roof maintenance, we may recommend a thorough roof inspection. We may also recommend trimming branches from overhanging trees in order to limit the amount of debris accumulating on your roof.
How does Roof Maintenance Differ by Shingle Type?
Classic asphalt roof maintenance must be done with a certain degree of care. Power washing is not recommended as asphalt shingles aren’t designed to withstand the pressure, but soft washing can gently remove any layered roof moss and grime and leave the shingles looking good as new.
Maintenance for metal roofs requires professional-grade power washing equipment. We do not recommend pressure washing your roof on your own due to the danger of falling. Pressure washers have a powerful kick that can cause loss of balance in those not accustomed to it. While hardy, shingles made of metal still occasionally need to be replaced due to environmental damage.
How Often Should You Order Roof Maintenance?
We recommend roof maintenance once per year, or twice per year if your home has significant tree cover. Book regular roof maintenance to give yourself peace of mind, knowing your roof is well taken care of.
Give us a call today or submit an online contact form to book your roof maintenance anywhere in the greater Seattle area!
Roof Work Portfolio
“Pro Roofing NW was excellent from start to finish.” - Anonymous